Replace existing alum. "sunroom" walls, etc.

Old 08-10-04, 07:07 PM
mdub
Visiting Guest
Question Replace existing alum. "sunroom" walls, etc.

I've looked at a lot of the kit posts on this forum, but I have yet to locate a manufacturer that I could purchase what I need from...here's the situation:
I have two old aluminum sunroom walls that enclose my patio (the other two walls are part of the house). The walls have the channel-type aluminum with sliding windows and screens, plus a standard storm door. The problem is, the existing walls are pretty beat up and I'd like to just replace them (it's an older house). The walls are the only issue - the roof is part of the house (it's a 50's ranch with substantial eave overhangs). I'm guessing the patio was just a covered one at some point in time. Does anyone know of a manufacturer, etc. that I could provide measurements to and order replacement walls (or parts)? It looks fairly simple - the walls bolt into the slab and a flange attaches them to the house.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-04, 09:52 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
mdub,

Probably not going to happen. All of the suppliers that I deal with will only sell to licensed contractors that are properly trained for the installation of their product. It's a warranty and liability issue. You'll probably have to find a licensed contractor who can get the parts and replace it for you.