Outdoor Sheds...Help!

Old 08-24-04, 07:34 AM
Outdoor Sheds...Help!

I'm looking at putting up a shed to put my mower, tools, etc. I'm on a somewhat limited budget, so what would be recommended for me? I will put up the shed myself, so no labor would be involved.

I thought about a kit shed from Home Depot 10x8 for about $200. Are these very good sheds or not? Are there any tips or tricks to putting these up? How about any potential pitfalls I may run into? Any help would be great. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-04, 04:35 PM
ShaneK,

It's whatever you can afford and what you are willing to live with. Those $200 metal sheds have their place -- it's just not in MY backyard! They all seem to have low roof lines and 5' tall doors. I hate banging my head on the header!! I built both of my sheds tall enough so that the door heights are AT LEAST 75" (haven't banged my head on one yet) and sided them with vinyl siding so I don't have to spend a weekend painting them.

Old 08-31-04, 11:48 AM
Rubbermaid makes a line of polyethylene sheds sold at all home centers, Big Max being the largest (7x7), with a gable roof and lockable doors. If you're on a budget, these make a great alternative to the old metal sheds (which are hardly sold anymore) and easier to assemble than the pre-cut wood kits. I have a Big Max Jr. (7x3.5) on my side yard which does what I want, storing garden tools closer to where I need them rather than the garage.