Which foundation for this shed?

Old 09-08-04, 12:30 PM
Which foundation for this shed?

http://www.outstanding-keter.com/pro...=3&cat=5&pr=15

I will be picking up one or two of these 6x8 sheds (possibly with the extension kits 8x8) from costco, and was wondering what the best foundation would be?

I've checked the building codes. I understand these vinyl sheds are not really secure, but I'm not concerned about that in this situation. I will be moving in about 5 years and would like to take the sheds with me if possible. My hope is I could disassemble the shed, and transport the wooden foundation frame on my flatbed trailer when the time comes.

Don't want to pour concrete foundations. What other options are there? Paver bricks? Wood frame? Could I just use four shipping pallets? Shipping pallets are 4'x4' aren't they?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Wayne

Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-04, 01:25 AM
What is the purpose of the floor? The pallets are the easy way to go but they are'nt 4' by 4' and they vary in size beyond that so maybe a few more. Then put ply on top. You can lay down gravel but that wont get things out of the water in low areas. The high class way would be pier blocks, pressuretreated 2 by 6 - 2' o.c. with 3/4" ply on top. You could conceivably lift the section with some help.

Old 09-10-04, 06:50 AM
Super Moderator
Wayne,

For as small as these sheds are, pressure treated 2x4's, 16" oc with 5/8" plywood floor would last a long time.
Also, if you fasten the shed to the floor securly and don't go too fast, there is no reason the complete assembly can't be moved to your new location in one piece.