Sunroom leak

Old 09-18-04, 09:06 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sunroom leak

I have recently had a 3 season aluminum screenroom with windows put up on a 12x13 level slab of new concrete. The concrete had been cured prior to installation. When it rains very hard, the seams where the concrete meets the aluminum floor beams leaks. The water seeps in, although very slightly. I had the company come back and caulk inside and out and it stills seeps in, but not as much. Any suggestions to stop the seeping in of the water? Should I concrete a new border, more caulk, a special new type of chemical coating etc? I want to tile, will that be a problem?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-04, 03:15 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Have them come back untill it's fixed. The only thing I can think it is, would be condensation from the inside running down the walls and pooling at the wall-floor joint or coming in from the slab edge and walls outside. Since the caulking reduced it considerably I would guess it's the latter and more caulking is required. They should have caulked it origenally when installing it as that is the time to lay mastic on the bottom sill joint.