garden shed from scrap wood

Old 11-09-04, 06:10 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
garden shed from scrap wood

Good Morning! I have an unlimited supply of free 2x4's about 2-4 ft in length.
I'd like to use these to build something with for resale if possible. I am working on a log cabin effect chicken pen. Any suggestions.
Thanks, Anita

Old 11-09-04, 04:24 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Since the lengths are only "2 - 4 feet", you're either going to have to buy some longer 2X4's to frame the walls and the roof with then add the 'free' stuff, OR build a really small shed (4' tall max., and longer than 4' across).

Old 11-29-04, 08:05 AM
colpaarm
Visiting Guest
You could use the wood for blocking, in between the eaves and cripple studs, but the way I see it you'll still have to buy lumber to build something like a tool shed. You want the walls to be at least 6' (I'm currently building one with 8' walls) and the most that you could get is 4' 4.5". And you'd still have to buy sole, top and cap plates unless you want a 4'x4' shed! You could stack up a bunch of cap plates afterwards to increase the final height to something more respectable, but this is probably not the way to go. Besides, if you had to get a building permit (which I had to for my 10'x12' shed), they more than likely will not pass your final construction (just a guess). Anyway, good luck.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: