Sloped site for shed

Old 09-27-05, 05:37 PM
sbeausol
Visiting Guest
Sloped site for shed

I am planning on building a 10x14 or 10x12 shed. The site I prefer is located at the top of a sloping hill in my backyard. The low part is approximately 20" below the top. I know I can use Dek-blocks but would require close to 20. Can I use solid concrete blocks stacked (I would need 6 4") to level off the foundation? Or could I use a skid foundation (3 6x6 stacked with a 4x4 in front)?

Not sure of the pratical limitations on foundations on a sloping hill, just looking for the most simple option...

Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-05, 10:20 PM
ShadowHawk
Visiting Guest
There are several options you could go with..

a) Build up around the low side with landscaping blocks and fill in the area with fill-dirt. This will take a lot of labor time, and can be back-breaking work. I've done it - but I certainy prefer not to. It looks better, though, than my other option.

b) Use cinder-blocks (or similar) to raise the foundation of the shed up. This is the easiest method. I have a 12x12 workshop that's over 10' high. My yard has quite a slope to it, and I had to raise the rear 16" with (2) 8x8x16 cinder blocks' placed on top of each other under each of the rear 4x4 pressure-treated skids. There's enough room under there for my dog to sleep when it's too hot in the yard with our Texas heat.

G'Luck!
Rex S.