Need Help with HVAC solution for sunroom

Old 11-15-05, 06:13 AM
skaruturi
Visiting Guest
Red face Need Help with HVAC solution for sunroom

We added a 520 SFT Sunroom to our existing house of 2500 SFT. The Sunroom has 3 all glass walls and the 4th side wall from the existing house. The roof is solid cathedral roof. My existing furnace cannot handle any more load. This sunroom is facing south west in direction. What are my best cost-effective options for heating and cooling? The sunroom product is manufactured by Joyce and installed by Classic Conservatories in NJ. The sunroom is built in concrete footings & wooden piers with 6" insulated poly deck and 4" insulated roof system. According to Joyce Manufacturing the glass is Low E and has the U value equivalent to 4 (need to prove it yet). Given the situation and NJ weather patterns, I appreciate if anyone could suggest the best option for HVAC we want to make this our family room. The 3 side glass walls are floor to roof.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-05, 09:28 PM
Is this a 3 season room, or a 4 season room? Is it designed to be conditioned living space, or just an enclosed patio room? You better find out!!

If it's designed to be conditioned living space, then you'll need to upgrade your heating and A/C unit to handle it.

If it's just an enclosed patio room, NOT DESIGNED to be heated or cooled, then don't do it!!!