New shed on slightly sloped foundation/slab

Old 12-07-05, 05:48 PM
wd95014
Visiting Guest
Question New shed on slightly sloped foundation/slab

I have to replace my "shed" because it is falling apart. The new shed will be rebuilt at the same location unfortunately the existing concrete slab is slightly sloped. For a 10ft run, the slope is about 2"-4". Besides pouring a concrete overlay, what are other ways of securing a level sill/bottom plate to the sloped foundation/slab?

Additionally, should I use epoxy-type or wedge-type anchor bolts to secure the sill plate?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-05, 07:52 PM
bigdaddy832
Visiting Guest
I would suggest getting the slab as level as possible before building. You could also tear out the slab and use concrete piers. For a solid shed that won't have to be rebuilt in the near future, start with a proper foundation. A 2-4 inch slope sounds pretty steep for you to make up the difference. Good luck!!

Old 12-11-05, 05:30 PM
That slab has too much slope for a shed floor. I would get rid of it and pour a new slab that is level, then build the new shed on that. Like bigdaddy832 said, a wood floor is an option, but it will only last about 10 years. A concrete pad will cost about the same as a wood floor and will last pretty much forever.