Shed leak

Old 07-05-06, 10:04 AM
Dazzer
Visiting Guest
Shed leak

Why does my shed leak in winter but not in summer even during a torrential downpour. The roofing doesn't seem to be punctured, but the wooden ceiling planks are split. It's like the water is between the wooden roof and the felting.

Dazzer

Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-06, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by Dazzer
Why does my shed leak in winter but not in summer even during a torrential downpour. The roofing doesn't seem to be punctured, but the wooden ceiling planks are split. It's like the water is between the wooden roof and the felting.

Dazzer
Sounds like icedams to me. Do you live in a climate that receives snow during the winter that does not melt completely before refreezing?

Old 07-06-06, 03:10 AM
Dazzer
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by jganyard
Sounds like icedams to me. Do you live in a climate that receives snow during the winter that does not melt completely before refreezing?
We do get overnight frost, but there was no snow last winter, beyond the odd flurry that didn't settle.

Old 07-06-06, 08:20 AM
Originally Posted by Dazzer
We do get overnight frost, but there was no snow last winter, beyond the odd flurry that didn't settle.
I'm stumped then...

Old 07-19-06, 10:49 AM
I'm by no means an expert, but what is your flooring material? It could be condensation if you have an open floor. Cold Roof+Warm moist ground=Dewpoint...Just a thought....