Moving a small shed

Old 06-13-07, 06:39 AM
Question Moving a small shed

Need some advice on moving a small shed.

the shed is one year old - solidly built, 8' X 12' barn styled wood - built by professional shed builders. Vinyl siding.

We need to move it perpendicular to its current position - on a 90 degree angle - in order to get it out of the electrical easement. I have read lots of advice on moving sheds on rollers - seems ideal for straight ahead moves. How does this concept work for angle moves like ours? Would like to be able to jack up and move on rollers by hand.
Thanks!!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-07, 04:46 PM
I would think that once it is on the rollers that if you just pushed oh one corner that it would push at an angle. It would not turn a true hard 90 degree unless you had something at the opposite corner to hold it there. But pushing on just one corner will turn it.

Old 06-22-07, 06:17 PM
Thumbs up Moving a shed

Thanks for the advice! that is what I was thinking - physics right? Now to convince my Hubby. We have the cylinders we just need the man power. I think a shed moving party might be the answer...

Old 06-23-07, 05:41 AM
Group Moderator
Depending on how the base is constructed it may be possible to get the rollers underneath in a radial pattern, like spokes on a wheel; then the shed might be rotated like a big turntable.