Stone for shed pad?

Old 03-26-08, 07:03 AM
Stone for shed pad?

I'm not sure exactly what stone and how much to get for a pad , for a shed.

I was told by a friend of mine to get #57 stone, when I told him I wanted to use crush and run. When I asked him how large #57 stone was, he couldn't tell me. All he could say was that that was pretty much standard for a shed pad.

Not knowing how stone is rated, can anyone explain to me what #57 is? Also, how are the ratings done and is there something slight smalled?

Also, how much should I put down? I was thinking 2 or 3 inches would be plenty, but I've heard some say you need a minimum of 4 inches.

Thanks!!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-08, 07:02 AM
What is 57 stone?

Don't know if you got a reply yet. I am building my own shed pad; 14' x 18', 4 inches deep. I got 4 different estimates from contractors first, then decided to build my own. 57 stone is 3/4" clean stone, and it is what most the contractors said they use. So, it seems to be the most common used for shed pads. I don't know anything about the ratings, so can't help you there. Also, the minimum depth suggested from all of them was 4". I am ordering my stone today, and the shed is arriving next week!

I hope this helps, and good luck!

Old 03-28-08, 08:19 AM
Correction to What is 57 Stone!

Sorry, but 57 stone is 1" and 67 stone is 3/4 ". I just ordered my stone, and realized I told you incorrectly first.
Nonetheless, the 3/4" stone (67) is most common for shed pads, even according to the quarry employee with whom I placed my order. So, 5 tons of 67, 3/4" stone is coming on Monday!

Old 03-28-08, 03:44 PM
Thanks for the info.. Now, how does weight translate to volume? I have to order stone too, and if 67 is 3/4", that's what I'll go with, but I don't know how many tons equals 5 cubic yards.

Thanks again!!

Old 03-31-08, 12:05 PM
I just got off the phone with the local quarry and was told they don't have 67, but they do have 7.

Would there be any problems with using #7 stone??