Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Greenhouses, Sheds and Sun Rooms
Reload this Page >

OPINIONS PLEASE! Take down the old shed or Rebuild it?

Old 08-23-08, 08:52 AM

Hi Gang!
We have an old shed/garden workshop in the corner of our backyard. We have moved but we will rent the property out. The shed is an eyesore and needs some repairs, like the roof. It sits on a concrete pad. I think it may be around $300- $400 to repair the shed, using some materials I have and buying plywood siding to go all the way around.
OR- Should I just knock it down and be done w/ it? There is a small attached garage the mower could go in.

Another thought... The shed sits very close to my property line, its very old, so the city may not reapprove another shed if I ever want another one... What about resale value in the future?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-08, 04:14 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
You'll probably be grandfathered in on the rebuild, but like you said, if you destroy it now, in 6 months, you may not be able to build another one. Resale value....probably won't get your money back on it, but may help just "selling" it. You know guys, the more storage space we have, the more stuff we can accumulate and keep it out of the kitchen.