Need Plans For A Shed

Old 08-31-08, 06:15 AM
Need Plans For A Shed

I am kinda handy and I love to tinker so I am planing on building a 8 X 12 shed in my backyard.

I am looking for plans. I would like to build on a skid using 4 x 4 Treated with 2 x 4's stringers in between on 16" centers sitting on concrete solid blocks. Then nail either 3/4 or 1 1/8 tongue and groove for the floor. I want to use 2 x 4 stick walls and more and likely use metal siding to match the garage. I would like a door on the 12' side at one end and a window on the other end of the same side. Not sure about the roof but it would be nice to have a little storage for lawns chairs and lite stuff. (Not Bulky) I will be building most of this by myself. (my wife will help when she can)

Does anyone know for a source for plans? I know I will not be able to get exactly the Plans I want but some thing close would work. Any Suggestions?

Thank You for your time.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-08, 05:30 AM
Pland

Google "shed plans" and you should find several, most of them free. Good luck with your project.

Consider 2x6's for the floor joists.

Old 09-01-08, 06:45 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. If I was to use 2 x 6 joists. That means I wold have to use 4 x 6 also.. Right?

Old 09-02-08, 06:14 AM
Shed Framing

4x4 skids would be perpendicular to the floor joists. The floor joists on top of the skids.