Screened patio

Old 02-06-09, 10:00 AM
Screened patio

hi, i just moved into this house that has a screene in patio.nice size. i need to replace the screens. can anyone tell me the difference between the aluminun and the fiberglass. is one stronger than the other and does one hold back light better than the other? Thanks Tom

Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-09, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator
Aluminum is normally considered stronger, but can crease, is harder to work with and is normally more expensive. AL also can oxidize over time and affect the appearance, though the screens may still have plenty of useful life left.

FG is cheaper, easier to work with and can be had in various levels of sunblocking. Fg will probably degrade a little faster under direct sunlight and need to be replaced sooner. I wipe down FG screens with a product like Amour-All when I take them out for cleaning. Really helps them look good and hopefully extends the life a little bit.

Heres the site for one of the largest makers of screen. Their products should be available nationwide, though some may have to be ordered from your local Hardware store or Home Center.
Phifer's Consumer Products

Hope this helps....

Old 02-06-09, 11:15 AM
Smile thanks

hey gunguy. thanks alot. helps me plenty. now its time to get to work. take care