5 sided corner shed completed (photos)

Old 04-16-07, 10:38 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up 5 sided corner shed completed (photos)

I posted this as a followup to an earlier threas about what to use on rafter materials, but figured I would start a new thread in case this gets lost elsewhere.

Hi Everyone, Its been a while since I finished the project but being so busy with work these days it took a while to get the photos online. However considering its that time of year people are already thinking about building or buying a shed so this may help people decide on a kit or DIY project. The shed took several weekends to complete (longer then expected) but I was happy with the end results. Materials cost about $700-800 but about a 1/4 of what most kits cost and I think with better quality materials.

Here is the link to a few pictures of the completed shed and some construction photos.

http://www.jakeandkaren.com/house/shed.html

Thanks

Old 04-17-07, 12:29 PM
R
Excellent and attractive shed! Thanks for sharing.

Old 05-01-07, 06:55 AM
N
Well Done!

Enjoyed the project photos. You did a very nice job & should get many years out of it. Curious on one point. Did you price a concrete slab for the spot?

Old 05-01-07, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the compliments.

I never priced one out, I thought about it at first and thought it might be to much hassle to do. But now thinking about it, digging out that area and leveling was the hardest part. So in hind site a concrete slab would not be that much more cost or work. I think just using concrete in general makes it feel more permanent, but its not as if this thing will be moving anywhere now anyways .

My only regret was that I was to worried about the overall high of the shed (might piss off the neighbors ) so I dropped the height of the walls. Unfortunately since we wanted to use a french style door for aesthetics I found it difficult to find a size that could be trimmed enough to fit the height, and I was not ready to spend $250+ for a custom door.

Jake

Old 05-01-07, 10:53 PM
J
Excellent shed

Thanks for posting the photos. It looks great.

Old 03-10-09, 08:37 PM
T
Shed photos

Jake: Thanks for posting such great, step-by-step photos. You may have convinced me not to spend $4K on a kit!

Old 03-10-09, 08:59 PM
Youre very welcome. Im glad its still helping people decide.

Here is an updated link to the pictures, didnt realize my wife changed the site.

http://www.jakeandkaren.com/housesite/shed.html

Jake

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: