Not sure what my shed floor is made of...

Old 07-20-09, 09:13 PM
Not sure what my shed floor is made of...

and I'm not sure how to tell. It looks like the same kind of wood that the walls are made of. Some kind of particle board, I think. Is it normal for a shed to have this kind of floor? Is there something I should do to protect the wood in my shed? There is no air vent, does this matter? What kind of paint is best to use on the outside of the shed? I'm not sure what kind of information is needed to help me with this so let me know and I'll try to find out.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-09, 05:15 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Is the shed built up on a foundation, or on cross ties, or blocks? Basically I am asking if there is any ventilation under it. If there is proper structure the subflooring they used should be just fine. I will let our paint guys chime in on the paint aspect of it, but the floor seems fine with ventilation. I would add interior ventilation to keep it from getting too hot inside.

Larry

Old 07-21-09, 12:26 PM
Chandler,

I'll have to go outside and look underneath the shed. I know that the back part of the shed has some bricks underneath it but I'm not sure what is under the rest of it because it sits on a slight hill. I'm going out to do yard work later and I'll check it out.

Thanks,
Animals

Old 07-23-09, 09:09 AM
I can't really see that far under shed. I just see some bricks underneath the bottom of the back of the shed. There is room under the shed but towards the front it is on the ground.