Windows for screen porch

Old 03-28-00, 09:48 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

Bought a house with a screen porch, made with screen doors and 4" spacers between. Current "windows" are frames with Visqueen plastic. Keeps the weather out, but looks awful. I'm looking for an alternative, without spending big bucks. There are 10 32" doors (5 per side) and 5 36" doors on the back. Any ideas?

Old 04-07-00, 04:21 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Amateur:
You have what is called a door room. They used to be popular back in the old days. Really old days. They would build a room or in your case, a screen room all out of doors.
I am not sure of what you want for and end result, but I would go to your local home building store, and get what are called storm screens. They come in various sizes, usually with aluminum frames, have screen on one side, and a sliding glass on the other.
Not expensive, maybe $25 each sometimes less on sale. You may not find your exact size
but close enough to trim them in. Some may call them aluminum storms. I have to tell you that one time I was asked to build an outhouse. A real outhouse in the mountains for a customer. He wanted it all made out of old doors. I did it, it was great, and he called it an outdoors house. Only one door opened, that that door was not marked.
You can take it from there. Good Luck

------------------
Jack the Contractor

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: