sunroom floor

Old 08-29-00, 02:12 PM
Visiting Guest
Cool

We are rebuilding a sunroom attached to our house. It will be concrete block foundation and knee wall with a Four Season sides and roof. We want the floor to absorb heat and water and still be easy to clean. Suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-00, 09:15 PM
Concrete. If that's too plain, tile the concrete.

Old 09-10-00, 08:32 PM
Visiting Guest
a concrete floor will hold heat if the sun can get to it. most rooms like yours are going to keep the hot sun out, unless your getting regular glass. you could stamp and color the concrete and use that as your flooring surface. what are you doing for a heating system?

[email protected]

Old 09-10-00, 09:56 PM
A heating system? In a sunroom, this would be mostly a waste, at least in No. CA where I have mine. On a sunny or partly cloudy day around here, I open the slider between the sunroom and my living room and turn on the ceiling fan in the sunroom. I can heat about half my house with it, even if it's only 35 to 40 degrees outside. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WarmFloorGuy:
a concrete floor will hold heat if the sun can get to it. most rooms like yours are going to keep the hot sun out, unless your getting regular glass. you could stamp and color the concrete and use that as your flooring surface. what are you doing for a heating system?

[email protected]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>