Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Greenhouses, Sheds and Sun Rooms
Reload this Page >

How do I build a shed from pvc pipe and canvas

Old 02-21-11, 05:39 PM

I want to build a shed from pvc pipe and cover it with canvas (strung through eyes). I want to make it so it can be disasembled if necessary yet sturdy enough to hang tools and maybe have shelves. I thought maybe a flap type entry point. Could someone tell me how to do it. Maybe someone has made something simular?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-11, 06:10 PM
Hi Joyce,
I think you were doing ok until you said "I want to make it so it can be disasembled". pvc is pretty sturdy once all glued together, but I'll have to think a bit to come up with something that can be disassembled.

One of your major concerns will be wind. It would have to be anchored down and cross braced very well.

What size are you considering and use? Any floor under it? And how small do the pieces have to be when taken apart?

Bud

Old 02-21-11, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by Joyce Arnold View Post
I want to build a shed from pvc pipe and cover it with canvas (strung through eyes). I want to make it so it can be disasembled if necessary yet sturdy enough to hang tools and maybe have shelves. I thought maybe a flap type entry point. Could someone tell me how to do it. Maybe someone has made something simular?
You need to look for a co. that builds pvc outdoor furniture. They have all kinds of fitting.
also there pvc will take the sun where plumbing PVC. will not. Furniture PVC. is much better product for this use. Make sure you get the glue they use. Paul

Old 02-22-11, 05:53 AM
Canvas Shed

Do you plan to place the shed in a secured location? The construction method you want to use will not provide any security for your tools.

Old 03-01-11, 05:26 AM
Canvas Shed

If you want to be able to disassemble the shed, you could drill holes through the fittings and pipe and secure with machine bolts and nuts rather than using glue.

Old 03-08-11, 09:21 AM
Everything you need is in the plumbing section. Although using light brown pipe I think looks nicer -which you can only get at certain places.. tough to find if they even still make it.

Wall clamps can hold the canvas. That or you have to have them sewn.. a lot of work.

Old 03-09-11, 04:10 PM
It wont last

IF your were to build a shed using PVC and Canvas it is not going to last. The Canvas will eventually rot and the PVC will break down in UV. You really need to build something more substantial I think.
Hope this helps

Old 03-09-11, 04:28 PM
I agree that is also something that needs to be considered. you wont want to keep any power tools or anything valuable in it