Low Profile Lean To Shed

Old 07-04-11, 04:34 PM
Low Profile Lean To Shed

I am thinking about building a Lean To Shed. My problem is that I need to keep it shorter than 6 ft peak height including sub floor and foundation so that it is below the height of my fence. I would like to build it 10 feet wide by 12 long. I am would like the pitch of the roof as gently sloped as possible so that I can have as much headroom as possible on the inside even though I will probably not be able to stand up in it. Does any one have any plans that would meet my needs? Or advice? Thanks, Greg

Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-11, 03:50 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Welcome to the forums Greg!

What's the intended use for this shed? At 10' deep you wouldn't be able to have more than 4' head room at the back of the shed.... and that's with a concrete or dirt floor and a metal roof, a shingle roof would have even less head room.

Old 07-06-11, 04:58 PM
Thanks! I am hoping to only have a gently sloped roof so that I have at least 5 feet of head room at the back of the shed. I want to use it to park my lawn tractor, sweeper attachment, dethatcher, lawn tools, odds and ends, etc. Do you think that is possible?

Old 07-07-11, 04:05 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Do you get any snow? Basically you'll have an almost flat roof with less than a 1' drop over 10'

Why does the max height need to be 6' or less? You do know that a shed of that size will likely require a permit.