Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Greenhouses, Sheds and Sun Rooms
Reload this Page >

Lifetime vs Suncast vs Rubbermaid storage sheds

Old 02-18-14, 03:33 PM

Lifetime vs Suncast vs Rubbermaid - in terms of durability. So far Lifetime is coming out on top due to metal wall supports. I'm specifically looking to buy a 7x7' shed at Lowes, but go ahead with all your recommendations as they will surely help others reading.

Suncast is by the far the most beautiful one I've seen.
Products | Storage Sheds | Bms7790 | Suncast

Metal roof supports, but no metal wall supports

Lifetime looks the most secure.
60042: 7' x 7' Outdoor Storage Shed (2 windows)

Metal roof supports. Metal wall supports, although this doesn't necessarily mean an instant win over Suncast.

And then we have Rubbermaid. I could not find the model on their website that matched Lowes. I feel like they aren't all in when it comes to making storage sheds. Not exuding confidence.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-14, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator
Whats the price range on those and the price difference?

Old 02-18-14, 05:25 PM
The Lifetime and Suncast are around $800, although there is a cheaper Suncast model at $600 along with the Rubbermaid.

Old 02-18-14, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator
I guess youll get 800 bucks worth of shed then..IDK I heard they warp... espeacially in the FL heat... Up here in the north the roofs sag from the weight of the snow from what I see..

But if it lasts you 10 yrs just buy another one for $800..

I would not but one if it were I.. They look good though..

Do you need to tie these down for hurricane situations down there in FL?

I would prefer something like this.. The companys come and roll it off on your yard...

Florida Shed - Quality Sheds and Custom Garages

Old 02-18-14, 11:34 PM
What do you plan on using the shed for, storage of garden tools? Where are you currently storing these items?

I ask because I am in favor of LESS storage options so that a person is forced to only keep those items they really need, really use or have a deep sentimental attachment.

Humans seem to have an inborn desire to hoard things they do not use or need, often for no discernible reason. I am no different but I am working to reduce the amount of junk, er, treasures, in my collection. If we all did a little bit it would make a huge difference.

Just my opinion.

Old 02-28-14, 07:30 AM
Lowe's definitely has plenty of good shed options. I ended up going with Suncast -- the BMS7700 model. Both Lifetime and Suncast make their products in the USA so that evened the playing field a bit for me. Ultimately, I chose the Suncast model because it was going to be placed in an area of the yard that is very visible to passers by, so I figured it would be best to get the nicest looking option. It may be a silly reason, but I have had zero issues with it so far and it's holding up great!

Last edited by Ecl09; 02-28-14 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Link was incorrect initially
Old 02-28-14, 08:13 AM
That 7700 is a great looking one too! I'm submitting the Suncast 7790 dimensions to the permit office. Ordering from Lowes for the low flat rate shipping. I've looked at them all in person and none of them stand out as being any more sturdy. If I knew I'd be living here for 20 years I'd build wood, but really you could buy two or three plastic ones for the price of a wooden shed with shingles. A big part of it is the amount of gravel recommended for pavers. Seems overkill to me given my soil is sand. Guess I don't need to buy sand! I'll have this thing up just in time for hurricane season! lol!