Shed into small house

Old 04-06-14, 06:07 AM
Shed into small house

I'm looking to build a simple shed type house

16x24 feet
8 ft walls
single floor

I'm trying to find out a material cost for this kind of project:

Not including the house type materials: sink,toilet,shower and the like but the basic building structure and wiring.

I'll be doing this project myself,except the foundation,which I'm getting done professionally.

any help is greatly appreciative,cause I'm drawing blanks on locating an online cost estimator/calculator

Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-14, 08:13 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Welcome to the forums! There is no magic program that will give you a detailed material list for your structure. CAD programs can help layer by layer, but they are expensive and the operating instruction book rivals the size of the Bible. You will start with the sill plate, add bands and joists, with internal support if needed, then decking. Then PT bottom plate and studs. It goes on and on, layer by layer.

Don't forget to get a builder's permit from your county or city. Very important.

Old 04-06-14, 09:51 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Build your structure on paper [blueprint including framing] that will give you a basic idea as to how much and what type of lumber you need - then go to a big box or lumber yard website to get your prices. Lumber prices do tend to change often so the pricing might not be exact but will have you in the ballpark.

Old 04-06-14, 11:33 AM
Framing Costs

We could make a list of materials for the floor framing and exterior walls, but you have not told us anything about interior walls.