Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Greenhouses, Sheds and Sun Rooms
Reload this Page >

Help with InstallingUnivent in greenhouse roof

Old 04-17-15, 01:02 PM
doc

I need some help. We have a greenhouse - wood framed - and have a Univent to install (one of those fluid-filled jobs that opens when the temperature gets to a certain level). Does anyone out there have some instructions with pictures of how to frame for this thing? I feel like this should be pretty easy to figure out but can't seem to get started on it.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-15, 03:54 PM
Group Moderator
I just Googled "univent installation" and tons came up. It's pretty simple. It mounts on the side opposite the window's hinges.

---
And, the thing that makes it work is often called a wax motor. The "fluid" inside is actually a wax that expands and contracts quite a bit with changes in temperature. I have never been able to find out why they have a limited life as none of mine have leaked anything but 3 or 4 years seems to be the average life span.

Old 04-30-15, 05:12 AM
doc
Thanks Dane. I've seen those webpages too. Problem is they don't show me enough about how to frame for it. I was hoping to frame it in a way to minimize water leaks. Sad to hear about the short life span. Huhm....