DIY Greenhouse Ideas

Old 09-28-16, 12:41 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
DIY Greenhouse Ideas

Hey all,

Been thinking about my garden in the back yard. It's done really well and I am just lucky to live where my wife has the backyard southerly facing (I'm in Norcal) and have been thinking about a greenhouse.

The problem is we may very well be moving in the next year or two, so I am not willing to fork over thousands of dollars for a new greenhouse that really won't increase the value of my property.

I've looked online and watched youtube vids of people who have built greenhouses out out of everything from PVC and plastic sheeting, to full framed units on cement slabs for just a few hundred dollars.

I am concerned with the offgassing on the PVC models, but don't really want to pour a 6x9 slab of cement if I don't have to.

Any ideas, projects, or suggestions from people who have been in a similar situation? I'd really like to have fresh year round tomatoes, But I don't want to break the bank doing it if I don't have to.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-16, 05:37 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I wouldn't worry about off-gassing from PVC pipe. It's not going to be enought to worry about in a greenhouse.