10x17 portable garage by Harbor Freight

Old 07-14-18, 04:48 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
10x17 portable garage by Harbor Freight

Over the years I've purchased about three of these. One I lost to high winds the others are doing better. But Harbor Freight doesn't sell any replacement covers. And other brands either don't fit or are much too expensive to buy.

The steel frames are as sturdy as ever and pretty solid. I'm wondering if I could cover them with light weight steel or aluminum siding/roofing material? Wondering if anyone has tried it.

Any other comments you may have would b\e welcomed

https://www.harborfreight.com/10-ft-...age-63055.html

Old 07-14-18, 08:40 PM
J
Received 128 Upvotes on 113 Posts
By the time you bought all the materials, screws and the labor to do it you could have almost bought a real metal carport that would last a few lifetimes.

Old 07-15-18, 03:01 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
You might think their frame is solid but I doubt it would handle the extra weight of steel siding/roofing. I've seen the smaller carports like Joe mentioned on sale fairly cheap. I've seen quite a few of those temporary garages with torn up canvas after a year or so.

Old 07-16-18, 03:02 PM
B
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I'm talking about ultra=thin corrugated sheet metal. The stuff they use in these cheap garden sheds. I agree it's pretty flimsy but the sun plays hell with with poly fabric too and Harbor Freight doesn't sell a replacement.

Old 07-16-18, 03:47 PM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
An awning company or sail maker should be able to make a replacement cover, perhaps with a longer lasting material. Just be sure to call it a tent not a garage. Garage might be confusing.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: