Suncast Shed

Old 10-07-21, 03:41 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Suncast Shed

Greetings - I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I was recently given an older Suncast plastic storage shed and discovered that it is missing the front double doors and one of the wall panels. This is my first shed and I am on a tight budget. I know that Suncast does not have replacement parts and I am wondering if I should dump it or try to Macgyver it. Would it be possible to add wooden doors and maybe some treated plywood to enclose it? I realize that the base is not level and I need to fix that. Thank you

Old 10-07-21, 03:58 PM
Received 1,142 Upvotes on 1,035 Posts
Wooden doors use hinges, hinges use screws, screws into blow molded plastic will pull out pretty soon.

Plus, lets be really honest, it will look like krap!

IMO, find a new owner!

Old 10-07-21, 04:01 PM
B
Luckily, this shed was free but a lot of it is cracked. The challenge is that plastic sheds are a hot item right now and hard to find. Thanks

Old 10-07-21, 04:43 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 1,851 Upvotes on 1,657 Posts
I would take it to the curb. Plastic has a limited life, especially in the sun. Add to that the missing pieces and the cracking you mention and it's an easy decision.

Old 10-07-21, 05:16 PM
B
That is what I am leaning towards. I work in a warehouse and have access to wooden pallets. I am debating building a pallet shed. Do I need to edit this post as solved? Thank you

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: