Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Greenhouses, Sheds and Sun Rooms
Reload this Page >

how to buid a 6 ft. wide x 8 ft.long 7 ft.high wooden greenhouse

how to buid a 6 ft. wide x 8 ft.long 7 ft.high wooden greenhouse

Old 03-30-02, 09:15 PM
tazzygirllie
Visiting Guest
Talking how to buid a 6 ft. wide x 8 ft.long 7 ft.high wooden greenhouse

I am looking for plans on how to build a greenhouse
my dimensions are 6 foot wide x 8 foot long x 7 foot high
and would like it made of wood or some material that would be cheap to buy. I want to do it myself...If anyone can help me I would appreciate it

Malina

Old 04-01-02, 06:29 PM
Trent Bridley
Visiting Guest
plans maybe

Hi,
My first greenhouse was very simple to make and it will last a long time. First are you really confined to the measurements given? Building it yourself will you have someone to give you a helping hand? Do you have a saw, hand or circular, a drill and can you get a speed bit or flat boring bit? The greenhouse that I built is a hoop type. The base is made of easy to get landscape timbers, overlapped at the corners. There is a door frame made of 2x4 or 2x6, and I added a vent window in the back of mine. Along the sides the base is drilled every 2 feet with a boring bit that will allow the pvc pipe to fit into. Before the pipe is installed you take 1/2" rebar about 2 foot long and drive into the center of the holes. At the top fo the door frame there is a main beam or ridge board that is drilled to be able to allow a pvc coupling to fit through. The pvc is is in 10 foot lengths and is cemented to another piece using a coupling. You place one side through the ridge board an down over the rebar and into the bore in the base, then to the other side and do the same. After all are in place you put on the 6mil polysheet. I used a 1x4 to wrap several times at the base on one side, allowing about 7or 8 foot on each end, and nailed it to the base, pulled it over, snugged it and straightened it up , rolled it on a 1x4 and nailed it in place. The ends I gathered up like a fan and used a thin lath strip to nail it in place and then cut out the openings. I used a piece of 3/4 inch plywood for the door and the back window. Let me know if you are interested and I'll draw a diagram and give you the other measurements from mine.
good luck,
Trent

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: