Rebuilding a sunroom

Old 04-14-02, 01:46 PM
Babydoll31083
Visiting Guest
Rebuilding a sunroom

I am writing because my dad decided that he wanted to replace a few beams that were holding up the roof of the sunroom that is connected to the back of our house and found that all the wood was rotted. So, he has now decided to take it all down and start from scratch...but our problem is that we have no idea what we are doing. He doesn't really want to get a contractor, he wants to do it with my brothers help since we bought this house in December 2001 and has had many expenses so far. He isn't concerned with having the sunroom heated but he would like to put sliding glass doors on one side of the room and big windows on the other two walls. He wanted me to find out if anyone could give us some instructions on how we would go about putting it up, he replaced all the beams...so all we have is the frame at the moment. He isn't sure where to go from there. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much

Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-02, 06:41 PM
Trent Bridley
Visiting Guest
rebuild

Hi,
I would start with a trip to your local library and get the librarian to help you get some resource books on sun , or enclosed rooms additions. Go through these books and get your ideas down on paper. Draw up a set of plans and then go to your building permit department to see if they are up to code for your area. If you are friends with a contractor he might give you some advice.
Good luck,
Trent