Greenhouse Building

Old 04-19-02, 05:46 AM
riztine
Visiting Guest
Greenhouse Building

I have a dog run that I do not use anymore - well, it came with the house when we bought it. I do have dogs but they stay in the house and the backyard as their run.
Now I want to convert this to a greenhouse -- any thoughts? ANy one who can give me an idea on how to start this?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-02, 06:10 PM
Trent Bridley
Visiting Guest
ideas

Hi,
I would suggest that you take a trip to your local library and have the librarian help you get to the section that is dedicated to greenhouses. Read up some about them before you start. It depends on how much you want to get involved in this project.
You can build a simple but stable 10 x 12 for about $100. and that can soar if you start adding this and that. You will need to know ( if you're not familar with operations ) what happens with just a little sun, keeping a constant temperature and a lot of other things, watering, bugs, etc. Also you could find someone in your area with a greenhouse and they most likly would offer you some ideas. There also may be a garden club or clubs in your area that would be able to help. Another thing is checking with your building codes and permits departments. Keep posting.
good luck
trent