Looking for New Oil Boiler and Oil Tank

Old 09-09-11, 10:38 AM
Looking for New Oil Boiler and Oil Tank

All:

I'm looking to replace my old boiler with a new, more efficient one, as well as replace my old rusty oil tank with a New one. I know there are many fuel efficient options available. Any Suggestions as to a brand, or model that you would recommend? Note: I'm looking to add solar panels to the roof within the next few years.

James.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-11, 06:15 PM
You could simply heat the water with solar and then use propane or natural gas at night or when its cloudy.

Old 10-22-11, 06:54 AM
I'm sure this is a bit late, but the Burnham MPO is highly regarded. Outdoor reset does come as an option for that boiler.

You would need a lot of solar panels to heat your home with. You would probably be better off looking into a ground source heat pump at that point. I think there are hydronic models.

Old 10-25-11, 06:04 PM
Be for you replace your boiler have a steady state effency test done a water pressure test at design pressure usually 50 ib. Replace domestic hot water coil gasket ,install a Rellio f3 burner fired at 0.40 nozzel may require a new cerfelt chamber, this nozzel heats my 100 year old home converted to 4 apartments here in Amherst N,S, Canada ,You may have to remove heat reclamers from boiler tubes to maintain 350f stack tempture ,to help prevent flue condensation insulate the atic part of the flue and last but not least install an out door reset controll.