Tool for Removing Wood Around Floor

Old 09-15-02, 12:07 PM
dre1988
Visiting Guest
Tool for Removing Wood Around Floor

Hi all,

I am a new home owner and recently found out that I had termites in my garage. My exterminator recommending removing the based wood around the floor of the garage to prevent further infestation.I believe that this was left over from when the house was being built as a frame. The wood was covered with concrete and painted. However, it is about 3 inches think and extremely hard to remove. This is partially because it is joined to the floor with concrete. I have tried using a crow bar and hammer to remove the wood in front of the garage to house door. However, this did not work and I had to break off small pieces of wood at at time with the crowbar. To make matters worst, the next portion of the wood to be removed is under the garage wall (dry wall). Is there a specialized tool for doing this job? How can I get this done quicker and properly?

I've place pictures of the problem area on the follwing website. I'de really appreciate any advice that you can offer.

Pictures of Problem Area

http://basewoodproblem.8m.com

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-02, 06:49 AM
Mr. Kiss
I couldn't get your links to work....

I would try a wide putty knife place over then under the wood while striking it hard to displace the bonds between it and the concrete or drywall.

Old 09-17-02, 06:52 AM
dre1988
Visiting Guest
Here is the address of the site containing the pictures. Just paste in into your browser address field. Thanks for the tip!

http://basewoodproblem.8m.com

Old 09-20-02, 08:03 AM
Mr. Kiss
Wow,
Looked at the photos and all I can say is "you have a mess"...

I think I would try to locate an air or electric chisel and use it to work around the parimeter. Local tool rentals should be able to help you out.
Good Luck,
L