collapsing door gliders


Old 11-23-02, 08:01 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Question collapsing door gliders

I have sliding collapsing doors that hide my washer and dryer. The problem is they are very old and the hardware that attaches to the tops pf the doors which fit into the sliding channel are worn. SOOO as a result the doors are no longer sliding and therefore cannet be closed. Obviously there are probably better words for everything I just described But I hope I gave you the idea. No local hardware stores carry the little hardware piece to attach to the top of the doors.
Can anyone help me? Thanks!
Old 11-23-02, 12:09 PM
Mike Swearingen's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Northeastern NC On The Albemarle Sound
Posts: 10,948
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

You should be able to find replacement hardware for bi-fold doors.
Just call around to big box stores, hardware stores, etc.
Good Luck!
Old 11-23-02, 05:15 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
I've usually been able to find that kind of replacement hardware at the larger Home Depot type stores. There's many types out there; top mount, side mount, etc etc, so bring along your old ones for a good match. But if that fails, try a millwork outlet that manufactures bi-fold and louvered doors; they're in the yellow pages or can be quickly found locally at - just type in your location, city and state, and bi-fold door hardware in the item search and you'll get door info for your area that way. On line there's bi-fold hardware available from and Both sites have sketches that show their products.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: