Andersen window cranks.....

Old 06-08-03, 03:27 PM
bybs
Visiting Guest
Andersen window cranks.....

I don't know if this is the correct forum to ask this...but I didn't see one for window hardware...so here goes.

I have Andersen Window. They are about 12 years old and have a crank type opening level on the bottom of the window. They sides have two flip down locks.

My problem is that on those windows that we open and use often....the crank now has about 1/4 turn 'play' in it. Another words....if I open the window, I have to turn it significantly farther to get it to move. That in itself isn't a problem, but what happens is the window then has the same 'play' in it...if I open it up 3 inches and the wind blows, it will slam shut.

I was wondering if there is sometype of adjustment that I can make. Understand its not the handle that has the play, I removed them and it is the rod mechanism (?) that the handle is attached to that has the play in it.

Any ideas or suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Bybs

Old 06-09-03, 07:27 AM
NutAndBoltKing
Visiting Guest
We had the exact same problem a few years ago on the awning windows in our volunteer firehouse. I don't know 100% for sure, but I doubt that any adjustments can be made. We were however able to order the replacement parts that we needed at a lumber yard that stocked and sold Andersons. All they needed was the window size. It took less than a week to get the parts.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: