Req: Identify These Shelf Standards

Old 10-08-03, 10:52 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Req: Identify These Shelf Standards


I have metal shelf standards that I want to use in a large project, but I cannot identify the manufacturer, hence cannot by the brackets.

I want to use them as they are almost hidden and just appear as an architectual detail in the wall, but will always be there no matter how the room is rearranged.

The specs: Profile is "T" shaped. a 1 1/4" wide X app. 3/32" thick flat flat metal with 5/8" long X 1/8" wide slots 1" on center. SEE "A" below

On both side of the slots are "L" shaped pieces 7/8" X 1/2" w/ the 1/2" either spot-welded or crimped to the flat slotter bar.

Lookking down from the top:

A ____________
B ______..._____ B
............I I - B
............I I - B 7/8"

Note: No space between A & B (welded)
This is opposed to the Usual "U" shaped |_| standards available.

The sheetrock AND/Or panelling covers "B" leaving only a 1/8" slot in wall.
They must be furred to allow for tabs of brackets which fit in the "T" part thru A & B.

Nut, there is NO manufacturers name ANYWHERE and the standards found in places like Home Depot or Lowes do not fit.

If you have used these or know the brand, I would appreciate it so I can contact the manufacturer to locate a distributor of the brackets.
Old 10-10-03, 02:47 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
From your descriptions I think you're looking for an item that may be called a "concealed wall standard." I've seen them in Ts and double Ts. Usually 1" slots. I believe TMS (Thompson) makes 'T' concealed standards. I have a trade show brocheure with 1-800-426-5708. Should you reach out to them ask for "concealed T wall standards w/1" slot." Sorry, I do not know of a website.
Old 10-10-03, 03:00 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: