HELP!!! Removing not your traditional toggle bolt

Old 11-21-04, 07:09 PM
jked0921
Visiting Guest
HELP!!! Removing not your traditional toggle bolt

I have shelf that I would like to hang in my apartment. It is quite large and heavy shelf (74" long and weighs 18lbs) that will be used to hold books, plants, pictures, etc..... I had already tried the the nylon anchors but I could only get them half way into the wall, so I went to Home Depot, and the guy there recommended Drywall Toggle Bolts, the self-drilling kind. http://www.itwbrands.com/prod_ezanchor_toggle.php
This is the website for the exact bolt that I have, so you can understand what I am talking about.

How do I remove this anchor from the wall when we want to move out so we can get our deposit back? Or does anyone else have any recommendations for hanging the shelf? There is no stud in the area where we want to hang it.

Thank you!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-04, 07:53 PM
These are NOT removable. Might be able to fill in the hole in the anchor and paint over it but thats about it. Are your shelves over 1/2 inch thick? Noticed that is the max thickness for these anchors. At least with a regular toggle bolt you could remove the bolt and let the butterfly fall in the wall and patch the hole. Think I would check on finding the studs and screwing directly into them. Good luck.

Old 12-09-04, 12:23 PM
Here's the removeable ones. I've used these on several occasions with great success.

http://www.itw-ramset.com/ez_prod01.asp