air nailers I want to buy one

Old 05-11-05, 10:56 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
air nailers I want to buy one

Hi all
I am going to get a framing nailer & I am not sure about them. I got a brad nailer that I like & it was 20.00 bucks, now the place I got it from has framing nailers for 89.00
I have to pick, chipped or full face nails, 8 to 10 gage 21,28,34 degree -price
I know "buy cheap get cheap" I do some diy stuff so I don't know how offen I will use it "but" once I start maybe I will use it more. I really don't want to have to buy 2. I guess I am just looking for some feedback.
thanks
dabear

Old 05-11-05, 01:01 PM
The angle is not critical. However, the issue of full or clipped head nails can be significant. Some state building codes (Fla. for one) do not approve clipped head nails. You might consider this before making your choice. I selected my Porter Cable framing nailer with clipped heads because that is not and issue in Alabama and Mississippi where I will be using it, and you have to reload less frequently than with full head nails.

Old 05-14-05, 08:53 AM
E
Degree of nail does not make a difference as long as you can find nails for the tool. I have what I thought was a great nailer with a 17 degree collation and I am having a very hard time finding fasteners. You may also want to you at the availability of parts as even if you don't use the tool often, o-rings will dry out and go bad and must be replaced. Lastly, if you can try the tool for power as if you are framing into harder woods, stand-off of a nail will just cost you time.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: