How do I hang a freestanding headboard?

Old 02-25-06, 07:29 AM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
How do I hang a freestanding headboard?

Hi all.Thanks to all the DIY shows,my wife has concocted a headboard for my daughters room from plywood,foam,batting and fabric.Now I need to hang it.I want to try to keep it as flush to the wall as possible.Is there someting similar to a picture hanger that I can attach to the back and mount to the wall with.I was going to put a cleat sort of thing on the wall,but it would bring the headboard to far from the wall.Any suggestions?

Old 02-25-06, 11:02 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
You may be able to find them in the big box stores, or can make them. It is a set of angle hangers that mate up once you have them mounted on the wall and on the headboard. The angle on the wall points up and away from the wall and the one on the headboard points down and away from the headboard. All you do, once you have them mounted level on both items is set the headboard on the wall angle. Gravity will cause it to become tight against the wall. I make mine by ripping a 1x3 at an angle, and using the two pieces, make them oppose each other along the entire length of the headboard and wall. Here, again, gravity makes them pull tight.

Old 02-25-06, 11:34 AM
H
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Thats the solution I was looking for.Thanks for the reply.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: