Lil Giant vs Gorilla Ladder

Old 03-02-06, 09:54 PM
Lil Giant vs Gorilla Ladder

Does anyone have a preference & why?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-06, 04:22 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Gorilla. Price. I've not used the Lil Giant, but have used the Gorilla, and find it pretty sturdy for my 240 lb frame, and it is stable, articulating, and doesn't have all the television hype to pay for as does the Lil Giant. Others may have other opinions, and you will be getting them in a few hours.

Old 03-03-06, 04:35 AM
Is the Gorilla the one at Home Depot ?? I inherited one in a building I took over and although a little heavy which should be expected I think it's a pretty handy ladder.

Old 03-03-06, 04:40 AM
Thanks for your replies. The Gorilla is carried @ the Depot & is 1/3 the price of the Lil Giant.

Old 03-03-06, 04:41 AM
Correction

I meant about 1/3 less than the Lil Giant.

Old 03-03-06, 11:32 AM
There is a new gorilla ladder out made out of fiberglass. I haven't used it, but I bet it's alot lighter. As far as the aluminum ones, they are essentially identical with the little giant. I have an al gorilla and find it quite useful.

Old 03-03-06, 11:48 AM
I have a small Gorilla, 4 feet or so. One day I was not paying attention and a sheet of plywood I had leaned against the wall blew over and creamed my little gorilla. I was surprized at home badly it bent. I was able to straighten at for the most part but really didn't expect it to tweak so easily.

As for the Little Giants, I saw some at HD today and was really impressed. The prices were outragious though.

Old 03-03-06, 12:04 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Kona: I was sure I saw a fiberglas Gorilla the other day, but then my mind plays tricks sometimes. I am glad you confirmed that they exist. I would have mentioned it in the post, but wanted to make sure first. Thanks.

Old 03-03-06, 02:18 PM
Sure thing Chandler. I didn't fiddle with it when I saw it, but it seems like a good idea. If memory serves me right, it was considerbly more expensive than the same size aluminum one.

Also, funny you say that about the mind playing tricks because when I saw it, I actually went out of my way to walk back by it when I was leaving the store because i wasn't sure if I had actually seen it, but sure enough it was there.

Old 03-05-06, 05:38 AM
Would you Trust your Life to Chinese Junk?

The Gorilla ladder is Chinese made junk. They also have a fiberglass version.

The reason it is cheaper than the Little Giant is because Chinese workers make so much less than the Americans making the Little Giant. Wing, the company that makes the Little Giant, started out as a small shop that licensed the design from the German inventor. Their patent or something must have changed, resulting in the flood of knockoffs.

If you spend some time and compare the two brands, the Little Giant version is built better and the moving parts (the locking mechanisims) work much better than the imitators.

The rungs on the Little Giant are welded on both sides rather than crimped and riveted like the Keller and Werner versions.

Little Giant also has a fiberglass version. It is not lighter than the aluminum one, rather it is intended for use where exposure to electricity is a concern.

Yes, the Little Giant costs more. I finally bought the Model 13- I wish I got one a long time ago.

There is a site called www.demoladder.com that sells the Little Giants used at trade shows at a discount.

You get what you pay for.

Old 03-06-06, 07:39 AM
I was @ HD last PM & I noticed too that the Gorilla is made in China. Is the Lil Giant US made?

Old 03-06-06, 03:11 PM
Yes, Little Giant is made in America.

Old 03-10-06, 06:32 PM
How do both hold up!

Old 03-11-06, 03:45 AM
In My opinion, the little giant is much better, and it's really sturdy. I'm skinny as a post, not much of a framework, but use my little giant almost everyday. I've got the 13' model. I got that one because I need to carry it inside my work truck. As a locksmith, I put in door closers. And the little giant solved the space problem. Now if they would solve the weight problem.

My partner has 2 of the Gorrila laders, bought from HD. They are quite similar, but lighter duty for sure. And the locking mechanisms don't work too well. We've tried to keep them lubed with wd-40, crc, and the likes, but it doesn't help much. He likes them though, and I guess that's what counts.

I say we through the gorrila's and the giants in a ring and let them go at it.

cuedude

Old 03-11-06, 05:26 AM
Originally Posted by airman.1994
How do both hold up!
I think my Little Giant will last a long time with minimal care.

The only thing that will damage it is abuse. Just like an extension ladder, it has moving parts that will get damaged if the ladder is abused.

I suppose that the rubber feet will eventually wear, but the ladder has a lifetime warranty. Just like any other warranty, it will be good only if the company is still in business, and I have no control over that.

Old 05-09-06, 07:46 PM
Little giant vs gorilla

I like the gorilla ladder better than the little giant. I prefer how the gorilla hooks together the two pieces to form the a frame for a scaffold using a v shaped piece of metal instead of using the hooks to hold them together like the little giant. I also like the fact that i could check out the ladder in person at home depot and see what i was purchasing before i put out the money. I have written a more in depth review and you can find it by going to this site. It is a legitimate site and i have written a good review that explains all the reasons i chose to buy a gorilla versus a little giant. I even took a look at other similar ladders and gave information about them.
Thanks.
My name is Jeff Gedgaud if you don't think i am giving real information. Check it out.

Last edited by majakdragon; 05-10-06 at 12:15 PM.
Old 12-17-06, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by jeffchele View Post
I like the gorilla ladder better than the little giant. I prefer how the gorilla hooks together the two pieces to form the a frame for a scaffold using a v shaped piece of metal instead of using the hooks to hold them together like the little giant. I also like the fact that i could check out the ladder in person at home depot and see what i was purchasing before i put out the money. I have written a more in depth review and you can find it by going to this site. It is a legitimate site and i have written a good review that explains all the reasons i chose to buy a gorilla versus a little giant. I even took a look at other similar ladders and gave information about them.
Thanks.
My name is Jeff Gedgaud if you don't think i am giving real information. Check it out.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/8556/little_giant_versus_gorilla_ladders.html