Looking for Locking Ratchet Hinge (lawn chair hinge)

Old 08-02-06, 10:43 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Looking for Locking Ratchet Hinge (lawn chair hinge)

My wife is looking for a source of ratcheting hinges like the ones used on lawn chairs. Any hints on where to find these would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-04-06, 08:10 AM
H
Locking Ratchet Hinge

I found that when I'm looking for a hard-to-find item, i always end up finding it on the xxxxxxxxx web site. These guys seem to have everything.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by DIYaddict; 08-04-06 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Removed web site referenced to
Old 08-04-06, 08:50 AM
D
You may be able to find it at your local hardware store or you can do a google search for ratchet hinge and find all kinds of places that might carry exactly what you are looking for.

Old 01-13-07, 02:29 AM
J
I'm also looking for ratcheting hinges

I too am searching for this type of hinge-- like ones found in folding lawn chaises and certain futon-like sofas.

Like cleverusername, I have googled extensively over the last couple of years. This is the first time I have not been able to find something online!

Please, PLEASE-- if anyone knows where I can find this type of hinge, let me know.

I supposed that in the time I've taken to search for this hinge I could have just designed and built some from scratch, lol.

Old 01-13-07, 10:50 AM
T
See the following for patio furniture repair parts:

http://www.patiodirectonline.com/repair_parts_-_chaise_lounges.htm

Old 01-13-07, 02:43 PM
J
I went to that link. Unfortunately, that is not what I meant by ratcheting hinge. I'm looking for an elbow hinge-- one that is contained within the aluminum tubing. The type of ratcheting hinge on the referenced website is just a trianglular ratchet that will show.

I've emailed a few of the larger hinge suppliers to no avail.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: