Rivet Guns instructions

Old 10-26-06, 06:19 PM
Question Rivet Guns instructions

anyone know where online I could find Rivet gun instructions/manual? I bought a Stanley rivet tool and it didnt come with instructions and I can't find any online.

Thanks Kevin

Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-06, 06:46 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Certain tools don't come with instructions. Take a hammer or screwdriver. Rivet guns are fairly simple to use. Drill a hole in the two surfaces to be mated, insert the rivet into the gun, then into the hole, squeeze the handle and viola, there ya go. The rivet pin will break off when the appropriate pressure is applied.

Old 10-26-06, 07:05 PM
Good comment Chandler except for those who take the hammer and use the screwdriver as a chisel, or those who jam the hammer head under a board and use the handle as a lever.

Old 10-27-06, 08:55 PM
hehe, you would be surprise what comes with instructions, my old arrow stapler came with a booklet and my old riveter did as well. I know how to use one, I just needed a manual. My sis, just bought her first house, moved in last week and gutters are in need of work. I like to loan out my stuff with instructions, less phone calls for me, when I got the new stanley swivel for my gutters, I noticed no booklet, and I can imagine the questions coming : )

Thanks for the replies, I am just going to print out your instruction.

Old 10-28-06, 04:13 AM
Super Moderator
Another suggestion is that rivet guns often come with different size nose pieces to match the thickness of the rivet.
Ensure to install the smallest nosepiece that will fit the rivet size being used.

Old 10-28-06, 05:49 PM
Thanks Greg,
I made sure to pre install the 1/8" nosepiece to take the guessing out of it.

Old 10-30-06, 04:22 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Renolenny: how right you are!! When I am doing finish work and not the electrical, I NEVER loan a chisel to an electrician. It will invariably come back with a notch where he tried to remove a staple. The best you can do is throw it at him.