how to insert drawer in accuride sliders

Old 11-10-06, 10:11 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unhappy how to insert drawer in accuride sliders

Our appliance guy removed our drawers newly installed with Accuride side sliders (to get access to an outlet). Dummy me I told him since it was late to leave the drawers and I'd slide them back in but I can't! I can set them in the sliders but about 3/4 of the way in the drawer refuses to go in any farther. Is there some trick to this?? It's Friday night and the cabinet guy is not reachable. Pls help anyone. The 2 drawers are now sitting on the floor. This should not be rocket science or is it?

Last edited by akaelsie; 11-10-06 at 10:13 PM. Reason: none
Old 11-11-06, 11:33 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
If these are full extension sliders, once you get them about half way in, you need to press a little on them until the slides bypass each other. If they still resist closing, extend them fully and look on the side for a black lever on one of the slides. If so, lift up on the lever and bypass the two glides before it gets completely closed. Post back with results or if we can help further.

Old 11-12-06, 08:25 AM
A

Still can't do it. The cabinet has a set of sliders and within it is a set of sliders with ballbearings, the drawer has its own set of sliders. Where should the slider with the ballbearings be set before I try to insert the drawer? Also I am assuming the drawer is a full extension. These drawers are so new I never had a chance to use them because we don't have the handles. Also there is a black lever on both sides of the drawer slider, the one on the right says to push down to release, the lever on the left says push up to release. Thanks for any help--again

Old 11-13-06, 03:42 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
You have full extension slides. One stationary on the cabinet, one stationary on the drawer with a "free wheeling" one between. You will want to install the "free" one on the drawer to the fully closed position, then insert the "free" one into the cabinet slide. It should click past the stops (little black levers) without problem, or with just a little push.

Old 11-14-06, 10:03 AM
A

Whew--finally got it in. Guess we were trying too hard. Thanks again.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: