shelving fasteners???

Old 11-11-06, 12:09 PM
shelving fasteners???

hi...i need to know the fastest system for attaching multiple peices of shelving (shelves, tops, gables, hardware for hanging rods) to drywall and concrete. I now work for closet reorganizer and earn 10% but it takes SO LONG to level mark measure and center all necessary screws for all these parts! i basically use plastic L-brackets connectors to attach parts to wall, but it takes me forever...maybe there is some kind of nailer that works in drywall...thanks

Last edited by DIYaddict; 11-11-06 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Email address removed for your protection and so your email will not be filled w/spam
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-06, 12:31 PM
nap
I have found a laser (the type that rotates and shines a line all around the room) speeds the leveling portion. Self leveling is the fastest and best. Power tools such as a drill/driver offer as much speed as anything else I can think of for the actual installation of fasteners.

For concrete (? i don't know but I'll accept your post) a powder actuated gun is the fasted thing around. May be too powerful for your applications though.

If you can use templates (of spacing layout or such) if you have repetitive dimensions speed things as well.

Old 11-11-06, 03:48 PM
thanks that helps...i have never used the lasers but will check them out; also the guns for concrete may be an option...i will go to the nearest home depot....