Concrete Nail Driver

Old 12-04-06, 08:55 AM
Concrete Nail Driver

Hi,

I need to drive some nails into concrete (basement sole plate) and in the past I've used Tapcon screws. While these worked, I know there are other methods that may be quicker. I've seen nail guns at the local hardware store that use a blank cartridge to drive a nail - are these good at the job? I don't want to spend a lot for this, just an ocassional home project, nothing professional. Any ideas on any type of driver?

Thanks,
Bob

Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-06, 01:49 PM
Remington makes a hammer driven model that uses .22 cartridges for less than $15. For an extra $10, you can get a trigger activated model (much easier to use). I use one about every blue moon for my remodel projects - and don't know how I got along without it before.

Old 12-04-06, 03:38 PM
Concrete Nail Driver

Get a couple of different size .22 charges - you never know how hard or old the concrete will be. Even the cheap model without the trigger (use a hammer) is a gem when you are attaching to concrete.

Just don't try to remove a nail set with them!!!

Dick

Old 12-07-06, 08:22 PM
I have the cheap single shot hammer actuated. I don't use it often, but it's a great tool when you need it. If I were buying one today though, I would probably spring for the trigger model.