Hanging large wall decor

Old 12-30-06, 01:21 PM
Hanging large wall decor

Hello,

I recently purchased a large wooden wall decoration (approximately 75 Lbs.) What is the best way to ensure it is hung correctly? I would love to know what types of brackets or hooks would be best for a seemingly thin wall.

Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-06, 02:35 PM
The best way to ensure that it is hung correctly is to locate a stud. You can purchase picture hangers that will support 75 lbs or more.

Picture hangers are available in our warehouse at www.hardwareandtools.com: For Pictures Weighing Up To 100 LB, Use 2 Hangers For Extra Security & To Keep Pictures Straight On A Wall, For Heavy Items It Is Essential That Nails Be Driven Into A Wall Stud, Nails Included.

Just type in 'picture hangers' in the Search box.

Old 12-30-06, 07:04 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Although EZ Anchor makes a wall anchor that is said to support 90 lbs. I feel 75 lbs is pushing your luck with just sheetrock. Find a stud and anchor it there. The only other alternative I see is ripping a piece of 1x3 on a 45 degree angle for a length of about 24". Mount one piece across your hanging with the short part of the angle toward the hanging pointed down, and the other one, spanning two studs with the short end against the wall pointed up. Make sure they are level. This will give you a firm support across the studs, and will keep it from rotating.

Old 01-02-07, 02:07 PM
Many thanks

Thanks for your suggestions.