Folding, latching wheel assembly

Old 06-10-07, 06:25 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Folding, latching wheel assembly

I have a miter saw semi-permanently mounted to a stand. In the summertime, I often use it and my table saw outside. I would like to be able to mount a drop-down, latching wheel assembly with 6" wheels so that it is easier to move it outside. The traditional power tool mobile bases don't work well on uneven ground, plus I have a 4" rise from my garage floor to the driveway, thus the 6" wheels.

Has anyone seen a wheel assembly that would fold up out of the way when the saw is being used and would then fold down and latch when I want to move the unit? Or perhaps someone will have an idea of how to make such a device.

Any help would certainly be appreciated. I have a very bad back and carrying the saw outside is painful!

Thanks.

JimC

Old 06-10-07, 06:34 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,152 Upvotes on 1,927 Posts
I've never solved the problem of having to lift (table saw, band saw, welder, drill press...) off the ground to be able to fold down a set a wheels. Some things I mounted an axel and wheels just off the ground on one end so when you tip the tool the wheels touch the ground and you can roll it around like a handtruck. Some tools just spend their life on wheels. Hard rubber/plastic or solid urethane foam tires provide a relativley stable foundation.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: