Where can I find machine screw anchors?


Old 10-10-07, 06:01 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 229
Where can I find machine screw anchors?

I'm looking for something that used to be very common. It's a lead shield with a machine screw thread (female) insert that is set into concrete with a setting tool. A brand name was Tampin. Also known as caulk-ins.

Anyone know where I can find these?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-07, 06:59 PM
chandler's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 39,968
Contact these folks. I just googled tampin and got http://www.interstatescrew.com/tampin/tampin.html among others
Old 10-10-07, 07:41 PM
GregH's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 9,693
Hilti is where I get the expansion anchor you are talking about.

Image courtesy of Hilti.com
Old 10-13-07, 04:39 AM
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 1,959
Any hardware store that uses Midwest Fasteners as it's fastener supplier can get you and/or carries in stock the anchors you are looking for.Midwest carries a complete selection.

Midwest is a national company but generally serves independant hardware stores on a store by store basis.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes