Floor & Ceilng Plate


Old 01-26-08, 04:29 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1
Floor & Ceilng Plate

I need to replace some floor & ceiling plates that go around the pipes for my old radiators. I found one place that has several sizes but I don't know what the sizes mean. I bought a few that are 3/4". They're very snug against the pipes. Does the measurements mean the hole size or does it mean something else?? They look like a metal donut with a hole in the middle.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-08, 01:59 PM
George's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: South Hill, Va. USA
Posts: 2,890
Probably the easiest way to get what you need is to determine the size of the pipe and ask for that diameter - specifying the type of pipe (iron in your case).

Most of the flanges I have in stock are carded with labeling saying (for instance) "fits 1/2" iron pipe".

The actual diameter of the hole for the above illustration is 3/4", because iron pipe is measured from the inside diameter, not the outside.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes