storing/keeping extra adhesives

Old 09-14-08, 07:54 PM
storing/keeping extra adhesives

I am doing a kitchen remodel and new wood floors and bought some extra lquid nails and caulk sealant adhesive

will it store for awhile or should I return it till I need it sometime in the future?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-08, 03:45 AM
Super Moderator
For sure return it if you can...................those products have a very short shelf life.

Old 09-15-08, 08:11 AM
Originally Posted by JustDavePlease View Post
I am doing a kitchen remodel and new wood floors and bought some extra liquid nails and caulk sealant adhesive

will it store for awhile or should I return it till I need it sometime in the future?
It depends on what you mean by "awhile".Anything that is open you should throw away.Unopened tubes of caulk and liquid nails will stay good for some months.It must be stored where it will not go below freezing.

These products often stay on the store shelf or in a warehouse for weeks before going on a retail sales floor.I've sold many many tubes of liquid nails and caulking and have seen very little ever go bad even when on the shelf for months.Most of what did go bad had been poorly handled often they had been exposed to freezing.

That said if you don't think you'll use it within a few months or have no actual definite known use in the future you might as well return it.