What is this hardware and where is it?

Old 09-20-08, 05:04 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What is this hardware and where is it?

I am trying to find this piece of hardware or one similar in function.

The only place I can find it is on a flag mounting bracket but I just need the "positive lock fan gears" I tried googling these keywords but hardware isn't easy to find this way. Lowes, HD and 3 different Ace Hardwares didn't have anything like it.

I am building a needlepoint frame and need something that can be adjusted (angle) and hand tighten to stay. Any hardware which will lock as tightly as this will do. Wooden ones would be extra cool.

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-08, 07:21 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Not sure what you are looking for. You may want to post your picture on a site such as photobucket.com and copy/paste the HTML code in your next reply. that way we will get the picture. Go to Rockler.com and see what they have. You may just find it. We'll wait on the pix.

Old 09-20-08, 07:54 PM
J
Thanks... just went to rockler. I can see the picture in the thread.

go here please

http://www.anyflag.com/holiday/demo.gif

Old 09-20-08, 08:27 PM
how about buying 2 of these and using a short pipe between them mount one to your table and the second can then be screwed to your needle point frame to allow your full range of adjustment. other wise i am unsure what you could use.

life begins when the kids leave home and the dog dies

Old 09-20-08, 08:37 PM
J
I thought about using it but they are about $10 each and I am going to produce many of these for sale so it would cost me too much. Thanks though.

If anyone can list some products they have seen this on or a similar item. That too would be appreciated. I need more descriptive words to widen my search. Or potentially I can get info from manufacturers you all suggest in your household, or "I saw" items.

Also, if anyone knows where I could find a crank of sorts with positive stops (small) I have it on my come-along/puller. I am open to other hardware, just not sure what to use. Thanks for everyones responses.