Headboard Question

Old 10-17-08, 06:32 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Headboard Question

I put this in the bedroom furniture section, but there doesn't seem to be much action there. Plus this seems like a more appropriate forum for it.

Okay, so I have a queen sized headboard that's solid mahogany. It is designed to hook into a metal or wooden frame. It's shaped like a rectangle with two "legs" on each side (where they connect with the frame.

The problem is, the frame it was designed to go with did not work for me at all. I have a very high bed and did not want to change that by switching to a low lying frame. I've had the headboard for years, but always have lived in a place without baseboards. I've always just pushed it flat against the wall and used my bed to hold it up.

Now I live in a place with a baseboard. I rent so I can't remove the baseboard, but I can drill/nail/screw stuff into the walls as long as I plaster it and paint it back white upon move out in 3 years.

I absolutely do not want to change to a different headboard. But the loose space in between the bed and the headboard is driving me nuts. I've dealt with it for a year and now I'm going to try to do something about it. Every time I roll over it wakes me up shifting against the wall. I have to stuff a pillow between it and the wall to not disturb my neighbors when...well you get the point.

I want to actually mount the headboard onto the wall. I'm completely tool illiterate so I have no idea what I'd need or how in the world to do this. And every google search I've done brings up very specific instructions that don't lay it out for those of us who don't know the difference between a z connector (or whatever that suggestion was I read three searches ago) and a joint connector or something or another.

Can someone please tell me how to mount this headboard without ruining the mahogany (at least the part you see) in a way that I could figure out?

Seriously, before you say it, let me reiterate--replacing the headboard or the frame is not an option.

Thank you so much!

Old 10-17-08, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator
Received 391 Upvotes on 319 Posts
Use the "Hangman Wall Mounting System", the 30" one you want. You can get it at Lowes or at Rockler.com.

Old 10-17-08, 02:46 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Use longer screws 1 5/8"+ on the wall side, but be careful you don't penetrate the face of the headboard, and use shorter screws there. Good product. We often make them in the field using 1x6 split down the middle at a 45 degree angle and placed in the same position as the brackets described.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: